Monday, February 21, 2011

Where's the ground?

Jack was scared during one of the previously mentioned awful bedtime routines. I figure it is one of his stalling techniques when he tells me he's scared. I say scared of what? Parents are awake, your door is open, and the hall light is on. Stalling. Christian says he thinks Jack's really scared. Christian used to get scared a lot at that age at bedtime, and we all know Jack and Christian are IDENTICAL. So scared he is.

I laid in bed with Jack and told him he could pray and ask God for him not to be scared. He teared up, and we prayed. Then Jack told me God lives in his heart. He asked me how God gets there. I told him God gets in a person's heart when we ask him into our hearts. Jack asked if we could do that. So we prayed and Jack asked God to come into his heart. Then he asked me where the ground is in his heart. Ground? "Yeah, Mommy. God needs a place to walk around in my heart."

Awww. He melts my heart.

I think I handled this night okay. But something tells me these questions are going to get a lot harder!

2 comments:

  1. Good answer momma. I would like to thank you for paving the way before I have to field similar questions. This is just the beginning, but what an awesome start!

    ReplyDelete