Monday, February 7, 2011

Night Night Bob-O

Bedtime has always been an ordeal in my house. We are AWESOME parents at getting a baby to sleep in his crib. As it turns out, we are equally unAWESOME at getting a child to sleep in a big boy bed. What happens between the crib and the bed? We don't know and are still unsuccessful 2 years later. Presently our routine is to read some chapters from a chapter book, tell 2 stories with toys (Mommy does one and then leaves and Daddy comes in for story 2), tuck him in, and then wait. Because he's coming. It's only a matter of time. And the time usually happens 2 1/2 to 15 minutes after we leave his room. I hear the pitter patter of 2 feet that I don't really want to hear at the moment, and then he says, "I have good news, bad news, and angry news. What do you want first?" He tells us the made up news, and then says, "Tuck me in whenever you feel like it." One of us goes back in there to tuck him in hopefully for the last time of the evening until one of my "Mommy" calls in the middle of the night.

This is what I found tonight when I walked in his room to "tuck him in whenever I feel like it"...

And this too...

Jack managed to make me smile even when I really really dislike bedtime routines.

Sweet dreams Jack Jack and Bob-O

2 comments:

  1. that is so stinkin cute...but what exactly is "angry news" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, gotta love kids and their imagination!

    ReplyDelete