Saturday, January 14, 2012

Faith Like a Child


Jack asked me tonight why he can't hear God talk to him. I told him that God doesn't always talk to us out loud. I told him that we talk to God when we are praying and talked to him about feeling a certain way. He cut me off and said, "Well, I think God needs to learn how to speak."

In the same conversation he asked me what God looks like.

I love that Jack is thinking about all of these things. Lately Jack has been asking me if I will ever stop loving him. Usually it comes right after I correct him for doing something wrong.

With tears in his eye and a quivering lip, "Mommy, will you ever stop loving me?"
ME: "No, Jack, I will never stop loving you."
J: "Even if I do something really bad?"
ME: "Jack, I will never stop loving you no matter what you do. I will always be your mommy and I will always love you."
J: "Will God ever stop loving me?"
ME: "God will never stop loving you or anyone else. You are God's child and He will always love you."
J: "Okay, Mommy, that's good."

Usually he smiles and hugs me and we are done. But one of the 1st times he stopped and asked me if I would love him even if he did something really bad, he leaned over and hit his brother. Needless to say, that won't be happening again! Well, the hitting his brother will, but not testing me verbally in that EXACT instance! (Because I know more testing will come!)

I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
ROMANS 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment