Sunday, April 17, 2011

Flying High

What a great weekend we had! Friday night we picked up a pizza and headed to the airport for an impromptu night of watching the airplanes take off and land. Jack and Coop loved it. Coop's face was priceless when the first plane flew in front of him to land. His little jaw dropped and stayed that way for quite some time! After an obligatory game of chase with Daddy, we called it a night.












I love nights like these.

Saturday morning started off with Easter pictures at City Park with Gigi and Poppy. The boys had a blast playing and even managed to smile for a couple of photos. While Christian and I went to our friends Frannie and Matt's couple shower crawfish boil :), Gigi and Poppy took the kids to the movie to see Ice Age Rio. I am glad they tested Coop out at the movies so we didn't have to. The official verdict: he's still too young. After singing and clapping loudly halfway through the movie, he began to lick all the cupholders on the row saying, "Yucky!" I am glad I wasn't there for that. Me and my germ-phobia would not have handled that well!



Sunday we decided to take the kids to the Angola Prison Rodeo. The first time I heard about that rodeo was about 8 years ago while I was teaching in Norco. Ever since then I have had a hankering to go, so when I heard our friends Josh and Kalee were going I knew we had to go. After a fun 3 hours in the car (2 hours there with a couple of stops), we made it. Jack is an angel glued to the tv in the car, and Coop is a typical 23 month old that doesn't like tv. We heard things like this, "Out. Out. Out., Poo Poo (false alarm every time that he has learned we will stop the car for to check), Hold you. Fun times!

We did lots of vendor shopping, jumped on bouncers with the boys' friend Cooper, ate some good carnival style food, and watched the rodeo. Cameras were forbidden so I took pics with my phone. And in complete Ashley style, I lost my phone. What a bummer to a fun weekend.




Weekends thankfully are not usually this busy, but we had a lot of awesome family time and experiences. I couldn't ask for anything better.

2 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend! love the airplane excursion...so fun and didn't cost you a dime =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...Maggie would love the airplane thing...such a GREAT IDEA!..:d

    ReplyDelete